Gómez-Acebo & Pombo has created a multidisciplinary group of experts in different areas of law and sectors of activity which is advising on matters arising from this crisis and that require a rapid response.
The group provides its legal experience in identifying and mitigating risks as well as in the best practices to follow in this new environment and the consequences of governmental measures. This permits better planning and orientation for businesses in matters such as:
- Employee health and safety
- Suspensive measures related to employment or temporary reduction of work schedules (ERTEs)
- Review of contracts necessary for performing your activity, evaluation of possible events of force majeure
- Impact of M&A transactions under way
- Limitation of foreign investment
- Recommendations for corporate governance and corporate functioning
- Market disclosure, insider trading and financial information requirements (ESMA recommendations)
- Impact on annual accounts ( post year-end facts) and other accounting matters
- New tax and social security measures:
effects on different taxes, calculation of deadlines
- Relations with public administrations: suspending deadlines, requests for information, contracting, requisition of assets, financial liability
- Restrictions on the free movement of people
- Restricted economic activity or orders to suspend activity
- Supply chains and consumer relations
- Compliance with data protection rules
- Litigation and pre-litigation
- Public aids and cooperation between competitors in accordance with competition law
- Impact on the financial sector, both in regulatory and financing transactions aspects
- Implications and possible events of force majeure in real estate agreements
(leases, sales and purchases, earnest agreements, works agreements)
- Impact on the insurance sector: matters related to contracts, coverage and solvency.
-specific impact on the automotive sector: essential services that require the use of a vehicle as an exception to the prohibition to the public.
The coordinated work between the members of the Group and the rest of the professionals of our Firm allows us to trust we will be of help. Do not hesitate to contact the group at GA_PCovid19@ga-p.com or your usual contact at Gómez-Acebo & Pombo.
Royal Decree-law 11/2020 amends Art. 41 of Royal Decree-law 8/2020 to include a new third sub-article on the possibility of amending the proposed allocation of profits contained in the 2019 annual accounts.
Royal Decree-law 11/2020 of 31 March allows the holding of general meetings of shareholders and meetings of the board of directors of unlisted companies by videoconference or teleconference.